AH's Reviews > Storm's Heart

Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison

Sep 14, 11

bookshelves: dragons, fae, fantasy, sos-bookshelf-bingo, own, alpha-males, paranormal, zzread-august-2011, romance, shifters, vampires
Read from August 20 to 23, 2011

Oh, Thea Harrison, I thought dragon sex was hot. Now I have a very sexy Thunderbird on my mind. *fans self*

I loved Tricks Periwinkle in Dragon’s Heart. Tricks was tiny, spunky, tough on the outside, and a real girly-girl on the inside. I loved her even more in this book. Tricks, now known as Niniane Lorelle, (and never Ninny!) is the sole heir to the Dark Fae throne. Claiming her position places her in danger and there are multiple attempts on her life.

Enter Tiago, the Thunderbird shifter assigned to protect Niniane. The sexual tension meter also enters the Red Hot Zone. In the last book, these two characters had very little interaction. In this book, wow! Tiago is perfectly suited to protect Niniane. He’s an imposing character, a predator, and a warrior. Tiago is totally devoted to Niniane. I did find him a little too alpha, a little too caveman at times, but I still loved his character.

I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction between these two characters. Tiago is fascinated by Niniane and loves everything about her. Their dialogue is incredibly hot. There is even a moment when Tiago loses it and goes all caveman on Niniane when she wears a most revealing dress at a dance club.

The focus of this book was on the politics and intrigue of the Dark Fae Court. The fae are not known for playing fair and Niniane has to navigate through some diplomatic minefields. Niniane has had some training, having worked as Cuelebre Enterprises public relations spokesperson. Niniane adopts a “What would Dragos do?” mentality and focuses on choosing her allies and mentors wisely.

What makes this series awesome is the fascinating worlds and mythology that the author builds. I loved the descriptions of Adryal in the Fae world. I loved the secondary characters, especially Carling and Aryal. Carling was intriguing – a very old and powerful vampire. Through Carling, we learn more about Tiago’s history. Aryal the Harpy made me laugh.

I’m looking forward to reading more from Thea Harrison. Serpent’s Kiss can’t come soon enough.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm's Heart.

08/22/2011 page 80
26.0% ""My name...You know what it is. I've reminded you often enough. Funny enough, it is not 'Tricks, goddammit.' And if you ever shorten it to Ninny, I WILL BITE YOUR NOSE OFF!" 2 comments
08/22/2011 page 81
27.0% "Oh, my...*fans self* Tiago..."
08/23/2011 page 171
56.0% ""You drive me out of my mind. You make me so fucking crazy I can't think straight." --oh that alpha male..."
08/23/2011 page 218
71.0% ""He came to realize that all of her shoes were fuck-me shoes. Those little pretty froufrou strappy things she slipped on her feet could be categorized as weapons of mass destruction, because they obliterated the male mind." -LOL, Tiago's got it bad..."
08/23/2011 page 220
72.0% ""Tiago decided that he enjoyed armchair warfare. It was so comfortable, and there were pastries.""

Catherine Enjoying the book?

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Starting it tonight. Can't wait.

Amazon80 I'm interested to see what you think. I need some new smexy. LOTU are all starting to look the same once you get to book 4

message 4: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Tiago is a hunky, broody alpha male. Have you read the first book, Dragon Bound?

Amazon80 Not yet. I like to wait for a series to have at least 2 books so if I like the first one at least I can get one more quick fix...lol. I'm assuming the first one was worth it, yes?

message 6: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH I enjoyed the first one. It focuses on a dragon and his mate. This one focuses on his head of security, a thunderbird and a fairy heir to the dark court throne. Lots of sexual tension.

Julie I think I know what part is making you fan yourself. *blush*

message 8: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH I think I am having more fun reading parts to my husband. The story has slowed down for me. Too much dark fae politics.

Julie AH wrote: "I think I am having more fun reading parts to my husband. The story has slowed down for me. Too much dark fae politics."

There is a lot of that, but for me the characters saved it.

message 10: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH She does write good characters. There are some great lines in the book. I was going to update my status with some of them, but I got into reading the book. Maybe later.

I am loving Tiago's alpha cave man ways.

Julie I was surprised that he was so caveman....but I quite liked it. lol

message 12: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Me too! :)

Julie I am very curious for Rune's book. I wonder if he'll be all super Alpha too since the first two men in this series are. Carling is so strong... Should make for an interesting read.

message 14: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Is the next couple Rune and Carling?

Julie Yup. Coming out October 4th! Then it's going to be Khalil (he's the Djinn Carling uses to poof Tricks to her) and an unknown heroine we will meet in Rune's book.

Wendy Darling I didn't think a fairy and a thunderbird could be as fun as a dragon and a you-know-what, but I really enjoyed this too!

message 17: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Wendy Darling wrote: "I didn't think a fairy and a thunderbird could be as fun as a dragon and a you-know-what, but I really enjoyed this too!"

Can't wait for the vampire and the other guy, LOL.

message 18: by Vivian (new)

Vivian You've convinced me to add this series! Great review :)

message 19: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Thanks, Vivian.It's a great escape kind of series. Alpha males, hot, yum!

Shera (Book Whispers) It sounds like I might have to give this one a fiar chance. Really did not like the first book.

message 21: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Hmm...not sure if you'd like it. I know a lot of people who loved the first book didn't like this one as much. There's a lot of politics and jostling for position. I loved Tricks in the first book and she is just so cute and spunky in this one.

message 22: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Nothing wrong with hot alpha males ;)

message 23: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Vivian wrote: "Nothing wrong with hot alpha males ;)"
Nope, nothing wrong at all :)

Shera (Book Whispers) Trust me, me likes the alpha males.

Oh, well. If I can get my hands on a copy to borrow I'll give a whirl.