Cheryl's Reviews > I Loved You First

I Loved You First by Reena Jacobs

Aug 23, 11

bookshelves: 2011, black-diamond-s-book-reviews, virtual-book-tour, 5-diamonds
Read from August 16 to 23, 2011

I Loved You First hooked me from the very beginning and never let me down.

Alex really loved her friend Seth. She wanted to be more than friends, but he was gay. Yes, he was still in the closet. He covered up by dating different girls and then dropping them for one reason or another.

Here is a quote from when they were on the motorcycle:

"I took off with a jerk. Seth hated when I did that, but it forced him to grip me even tighter. He scooted forward with his thighs encasing mine, and his groin pressed against my butt."

Too bad for Alex, but Seth didn't want to be anything more than friends. He seemed to be such a hot guy too. Seth had his eye on a guy named Bruce. Bruce had no idea of this and had no idea that Seth was even gay.

Something happened in the story that changes everything. Alex and Seth's friendship is tested, and Alex can't believe what Seth is about to do.

I highly recommend this book. It just goes to show that it's great to have a best friend, but you can't hide behind them forever. You have to acknowledge the facts and make a life of your own too. The story didn't end up at all how I thought it would.

I loved this bible verse quoted at the end of the book:
1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 " Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Matthew 7:1-5 (NIV)

Full review here: http://www.blackdiamondsbookreviews.c...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Loved You First.