Daisiemae's Reviews > Agency of Extraordinary Mates Vol. 1

Agency of Extraordinary Mates Vol. 1 by Kate Douglas

Jun 21, 08

bookshelves: erotica, books-read-in-2008, anthology, vampire-paranormal, werewolf-shapeshifter, male-male-romance-erotica
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Marion...thanks girl!
Recommended for: Ya'll who love a really good erotic anthology:)

I am a sucker for a good anthology book. Sometimes I don't want the commitment of a long novel. So I eagerly started this one and finished it in one setting. All of the stories are written by different authors. All are erotic and kept my interest, and they gave me a couple of hours of enjoyment:)
The backstory to all of these stories are Paranormal beings are looking for Mates. There is a resort where they "sponsor" their potential mate after doing some extensive research on them. Many times, the potential mate has no idea they are being set up on the ultimate blind date...they just think they have won the vacation of a lifetime.
Finding Magic by Kate Douglas
This story has a "twofer" love story in it. Amanda is a very famous actress who is suffering from burn out. When her homosexual assisant-who is also her best friend- pushes her to go on vacation, she gives in reluctantly. When she runs into a handsome, but arrogant Lorcan she is attracted to him despite her first impression of him.
Lorcan is a shape-shifting Dragon Prince who must find a mate. When he meets Amanda for the first time he is immediately smitten, but seems to always say the wrong thing to her. Determined to have her he sets out to woo her and hope that she will give her heart and body to him, even though he is a Dragon.
If you have read any Kate Douglas stories, you know what you are in for. There is some mild BDSM between the secondary love story-Amanda's assistant and Lorcan's man in waiting. There are also some M/M interaction between the secondary characters. Honestly, I liked all of the characters in this story, so the M/M contact didn't bother me. This may not be for everyone though, so I thought I would warn you.
4 Play by Eve Vaughn
When Trina wins her dream vacation she is ready to get away from it all. She is a strong, hard working heroine who has been down on her luck for awhile, so not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, she jumps at the chance to escape for a while.
She is surprised when she is persued by not one but three men all claiming they are her mate and they love her. Between the undivided attention she recieves from them and the hot sex, well this turns into the vacation of a lifetime.
This has Menage scenes and some strong language in this story. I liked all of the characters the Heroes are very sexy, likable shapeshifting lions. They definately know how to treat a lady...no wonder Trina fell so hard for them...lol
Sea God's Pleasure by Alice Gaines
Gloria is an art dealer whose bad attitude and well for a better word Bitchiness is driving her employees crazy. When she "wins" a dream vacation her employees insist on her taking it or they will quit. So despite her reluctance she agrees to go.
She has always been attracted to a painting portraying "a sea god's pleasure" for some reason it has always spoken to her on many levels. So when she spots the most beautiful man she has ever seen coming out of the ocean to her, she is spellbound because he looks just like her object of desire.
Quarian the god of the sea can only have one mate. When he sees Gloria, he knows immediately that she is the one for him. But will Gloria's stubborness and unwillingness to give her heart away being him eternal loneliness?
I really loved Quarian. I didn't care for Gloria much. I really thought she was well...a bitch, but I was willing to overlook her shortcomings because I liked him so much. He is noble, strong, smart and sexy. How could I not be drawn to him?
I enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading the second one in this series!
If you are offended by dirty words and hot sex, this book is not for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Agency of Extraordinary Mates Vol. 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura OMGoddess I have this one! It was in a box one of my Goodreads friends sent me. I didn't think anyone else had read it, so I am thrilled you did and you liked it. Good erotica anthologies are fun. I have discoverd so many good erotica novelists that way.

Thanks for the great review!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)

message 2: by Ragus (new) - added it

Ragus Daisiemae - Great review! I've seen this book around but the cover and title did not appeal. Your review has definitely peaked my interest -- although I do not like anthologies! I'm adding it to my wishlist.

Thanks,Ragus.