Marc's Reviews > Rainbow Six

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

Sep 10, 08

Read in July, 2008

This book was a pretty good book. Standard Tom Clancy fare. With this one under my belt, I have finally caught up to date with his novels (at least the Jack Ryan/John Clark ones), a process which started a good 10-15 years ago. Basically, ultra-radical environmentalists plot to release a genetically engineered form of the ebola virus in an attempt to wipe out all humans except the select few with the vaccine. Their goal is eliminate man's corrupting influence on the environment and start a brave new granola-crunching, tree-hugging world. An international special ops team led by John Clark must track down the disparate clues in order to stop the evil plan to release the virus at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

The book isn't quite as good as some of Clancy's other ones, but it's decent reading. My favorites among his novels are the early ones, especially "The Hunt for Red October" and "Red Storm Rising". But if you want an international thriller, "Rainbow Six" is a good read. Just don't expect to be on the edge of your seat the whole time, and don't expect the conclusion to be up to his usual "I can't put this book down!" standards.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rainbow Six.