Kelly's Reviews > Only His

Only His by Susan Mallery

Oct 02, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, owned, paper

Susan Mallery has said that when she pitched Only His to her publisher, the publisher was initially hesitant about the key humorous piece - a two-word phrase. Ever since reading that, I was dying of curiosity about that phrase.

Was it the opening sentence? "Never agree to a job interview in which the interviewer has seen you naked." Nope - too many words.

The scene on page 123 and our heroine's reaction to it? Maybe. I'm hooked - gotta keep reading!

Could it be the "feral cows" on page 137 - no...the publisher wouldn't hesitate over that, would she?

The scene on page 230 and our heroine's reaction to it? Quite possibly! Can't go to sleep now, this book is great!

OMG! Page 241 - this MUST be it! And a hundred pages left to find out how this plays out! WHEE!!!

As always, Susan Mallery delivers great characters that I truly care about. She also introduces new people that I hope will be featured in her future Fool's Gold books. Only His was filled with humor, inspiring smiles and laughter. A great way to end this trilogy...with giggles and hope for more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only His.