Hannah Grippo's Reviews > One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss

Jul 28, 2011

my favoirte of Seuss. It's of no plot, so there's the wonderland quality of just what's gonna happen next. Even after many reads, I really enjoy it because of the stream of thoughts, following no order, of interesting and DIVERSE (which he stresses) things of what you see throughout the day. There's the child's perception of "funny things" that is frank and genuine. Like wishing you had 11 fingers, or why do peole who can't read look at books, or imagining the fun in work (milking a cow, opening cans).

Lots of nouns and verbs and adjectives just moving meanings into the brain, try to think back to childhood when that still happened to you. Or those adults learning a new lanaguge now.

Making up words that automatically make sense is awesome to marvel, but even better to receive and believe as a reader.

Really wonderful to read out loud to kids, I think Suess is almost always meant to be spoken than to read to yourself. It all means something diffrent when the words are said than thought..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

09/23/2016 marked as: read