Beth's Reviews > Everdark

Everdark by Elle Jasper

Jul 31, 11

Read from July 28 to 31, 2011

Alright. So I'm a little disappointed in Everdark. The story of Riley Poe and her gang of vamps became a little redundant. I was in denial about how redundant because I LOVED Afterlight and was so stoked about reading the sequel.

Aside from the introduction of Noah Miles, the characters are basically the same...except for Valerian who is somehow inhabiting someone elses body and Grim who is basically the Preacher-man of Charleston to a T.

Everything else, the same. Eli and Riley have a lot more s-e-x, Nyx gets together with Luc, Seth gets together with Josie and Riley fights off urges for Victorian whose DNA she now shares AND Noah whose vampy super power is his sex appeal.

There is lots of training to fight for a fight club in Charleston, that you know Riley and Co. basically kick ass at of course...and lots of roof jumping and rescuing of would-be-vamps-before-their-quickening.

I see a lot of reviews have remarks pertaining to Riley's new favorite habit of swearing...I think that is kind of bad ass even if it is in Romanian. Aside from that though, I was kind of hoping for more character development in Riley.

**Cheers to book 3 next year**
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everdark.