Katie's Reviews > Hollowland

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

Aug 15, 11

bookshelves: zombies
Read in August, 2011

Okay, I really loved this book. I found it very refreshing and was hooked right away. Remy is a great protagonist and I found myself rooting for her from the beginning. The story itself is great, unique - rather reminiscent for me of "The Hunger Games", in the sense that it had that great sense of desperation and kill-or-be-killed mentality. I enjoyed that Amanda Hocking was not afraid to be a bit dark and for me this was really more of an adult series than young adult. Very nice surprise and I can't WAIT to read book #2, which I believe is coming out this October.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollowland.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Maria Schneider Great review. I used to see Amanda post on one of the forums so I've always been interested in her books. I haven't *read* any yet, but your review of this one in particular grabbed me.

Katie Thanks! I love that she self-publishes (or she did, I think she may have recently signed w/a publishing company), but it makes her books VERY affordable. Honestly, it was a quick read for me, but really a nice change of pace from all the fae/vamps/weres, etc. :) Classic humans vs. zombies, haha

Maria Schneider Kat wrote: "Thanks! I love that she self-publishes (or she did, I think she may have recently signed w/a publishing company), but it makes her books VERY affordable. Honestly, it was a quick read for me, but r..."

Yes, she did sign with a publisher! She's doing really well. Very happy for her and it's great to see her success.

Katie Agreed :)