Jane's Reviews > White Apples

White Apples by Jonathan Carroll

Jul 28, 11

This is the first time I have read a book by Jonathan Carroll and it travelled down various turns I did not expect and posed some concepts that were both fitting to the novel and fascinating as theory.

The story is about a man named Vincent Ettrich who dies and is somehow returned to life so to bring up his unborn son. A son who will be of great importance to the very fabric of the universe!

I thought this book was well written for the most part and offered the answers to many questions that arose during the book (even considerably later when you felt that they had been forgotten.) I found the characters were well developed with their own little quirks that made them each likeable. However be warned that this book is not really a casual read (much as I thought it would be). The book offers much to be pondered and may require you to re-read afew pages just so you can clarify what’s happening as it offers many shifts as you read it.

This being said although I found it very interesting in places to read this is not a book I would necessarily recommend to people as some of the shifts are too surreal even for a work of fiction and may not be to everybody’s tastes! I imagine this is a book you would very much love or hate!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Apples.