Reading Vacation's Reviews > After Obsession

After Obsession by Carrie Jones

Jul 30, 11

Read from July 29 to 30, 2011

There are four stages of possession. Invitation, Infestation, Obsession, and Possession. Once you reach Possession, there is no saving yourself or your loved ones. It’s over.

The authors take a new and interesting look at the concept of possession. They portray it though the legends of Native Americans, and incorporate it beautifully into the situation at hand. I found myself wanting to learn more, even as I was creeped out by the actions of the demon. I think they found the perfect balance between interest and aversion regarding the demon, and I could not put the book down.

Aimee and Alan both have unique powers. Aimee can see the future through her dreams and heal wounds. Alan can also see the future, and is guided by a mysterious talking cougar. The powers work well in the story, showing up when they are needed most. The plot is told from both Aimee and Alan’s points of view. This is where the genius of the two authors really comes into play.

After Obsession is fast paced. I was zooming through the pages, from one shocking revelation to the next. With the urgency surrounding Courtney, I just had to know what was happening next and I kept on zooming right up to the last page.

RATING

5 Loved

COVER COMMENTS

Great cover! I love how Courtney is floating and her dress turns into ashes. I like the pop of color for the title. It keeps the cover from being too dark or boring.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After Obsession.