Books-treasureortrash's Reviews > Second Chance

Jul 28, 11

bookshelves: chick-lit, reviewed
Read in July, 2011, read count: 1

Book Review: 2 Treasure Boxes

Four friends are reunited after 20 years following the death of a good friend who connects them all. Holly, Olivia, Paul, and Saffron are all close to 40 and they soon realize that they need each other. They are forced to examine their loves and lives while dealing with tragic grief from their loss.

Jane Green has written 12 best selling novels all dealing with women and falling under the chick-lit genre. Second Chance was on the New York Times Bestseller list for several months. It is told in the third person narrative with the voice and thoughts of the various characters.

Although the subject matter is serious and sad the story is light. Second Chance is an entertaining book, at times it made me laugh and at other times it made me cry. The character's were interesting, but not too deep. The best part of the book was the ending, it did not go where I thought it would but I liked the direction it took.

If you find yourself with a free weekend and you are looking to curl up and read an interesting story about women just hitting their 40's who are examining their lives, then I recommend you pick up Second Chance.

For more of my reviews go to: http://books-treasureortrash.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance.