Cayce's Reviews > Moonlight Becomes You

Jan 13, 12

bookshelves: m-m
Read from August 10 to 15, 2011

4.5 stars.
Just like the prequel More Than Moonlight, this one is also a 4.5 for me. But unlike the prequel, this in the end get rounded down to four stars.

The entire book is from the POV of only one character (third person POV of Shane), which was necessary for the story, but I would have liked to know what was going on in the other MC's head as well. Maybe if the two books (More Than Moonlight&Moonlight Becomes You) would have been edited together, it would have gotten a real 5 stars from me...

I don't want to say anything about the story or the characters. Read the blurb! :) I'm afraid, anything I could say would be a spoiler. So I'll just say, that both Kayden and Shane are rocks. Awesome story, great music.

I'm a total sucker for books about music (esp. rock stars), so this was a treat for me. Can't wait to read bad boy Nick's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonlight Becomes You.

09/06/2011

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Piper (new) - added it

Piper Vaughn Thanks for the review, Cayce! About MTM, those short stories/vignettes were written once MBY was already accepted and scheduled for release with Loose Id. We'd planned on doing the shorts the whole time, but we hadn't wanted to overload the book with flashbacks, so we decided to release them as a separate prequel instead. Just wanted to comment in case you were wondering why they weren't actually included.

BTW - We just released a short story on our blog that takes place directly after the Madison Square Garden concert but before the last scene in the book, in case you wanted to check it out. :)

Cayce Piper wrote: "Thanks for the review, Cayce! About MTM, those short stories/vignettes were written once MBY was already accepted and scheduled for release with Loose Id. We'd planned on doing the shorts the whole..."

Piper, thanks for the comment and the info about the new short story. Yay for more Shane&Kayden!
~runs to read it.