Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > Unleashed

Unleashed by Jami Alden

"The joy of life is variety; the tenderest love requires to be rekindled by intervals of absence."
- by Samuel Johnson -

Danny is the eldest of the Taggart boys. He's a dark, brooding, sexy, and harsh guy. Even if he acts like an a** at times, I had to root for him and his woman, Caroline. Unleashed tells not only Danny's and Caroline's story, but Anne Taggart's as well.

Twelve years ago Caroline walked away from Danny and she lost a lot when she did that – more than Danny ever imagined. You will learn about her reasons as the story unfolds. I don't want to give away too much here. When Danny and Caroline finally have their heart-to-heart, the importance is incredible, especially for Danny who falls apart and shows a new side of himself: he can be vulnerable. The story of Danny and Caroline is based on passion and young love and now while they are older, the chemistry and sexual tension is still there! While the story unfolds and they unravel a horrible secret, both of them indulge in a rekindled passion and love for each other. Mmmm...I loved it when Danny kissed Caroline. He's definitely not a talker but I felt that he was extremely close to Caroline when he kissed her. So sweet and hot at the same time and very palpable!

When you read this book you'll enjoy a well written story with a good suspense part and quite a few steamy sex scenes. I love all those dark, brooding, and complex guys. Danny is not this nice boy-next-door kind of guy. But I didn't care about that. It is much more satisfying to read about heroes like him. He is deeply hurt because he thinks his mother left him and his family. He talks about "Anne" did this and that but never about his "mom". And he thinks that everything he knows is right, kind of black and white, until he discovers that he was SO wrong all the time. Hence, he's rather shell-shocked about this big revelation. Jeez, any shrink would have a field day with a guy like Danny. He thinks that closing himself off and not talking about problems is making everything easier to deal with. He takes long runs in the woods and hills to take the edge off but eventually he had to admit that he's not only hurting the woman he loves but also himself. He had to change his demeanor. Better late than never!

Anyway, I think it means a lot when a man comes half way around the world to tell the woman he loves her! Enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unleashed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rva Booklover Danny was a great hero. You could just feel his pain at the loss of Caroline and his mom. And you are right, he definitely isn't a talker! lol! *sigh* You reminded me how much I like this book/series. I feel a reread coming on.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Hi Sharon,
I definitely agree! LOL
Today I'll post my review of Caught. Another good read worth my time and money!