Lisa Lap's Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

May 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books-read, fiction, paranormal, paranormalromance, fantasy
Read from May 14 to 17, 2012

Eh, this book was okay. I wondered how Cole was going to make Lothaire, the most detestable of villains, into a hero, and truth be told, I don't think she did. Lothaire is completely evil in this installment, even treating his presumed Bride in a horrible fashion. Oh, he's got sex appeal for days, and definitely turns Elizabeth (our heroine) on in ways she never imagined, but the kicker here is that Elizabeth is currently possessed by Saroya, one bad ass demonic god with no desire for anything except brutal murders. Saryoa's actions land Elizabeth on death row, a place Lothaire willingly let her go, rescuing her in the final seconds before her execution. Lothaire is convinced that Saroya is his Bride, but the more time he spends with Elizabeth the more he begins to realize the perhaps the mortal is in fact his true Bride. Saroya's role diminishes are the story progresses until she is easily obliterated by Dorada in one quick paragraph. Um....anticlimactic much? All this build up about Saroya's possession in Elizabeth, Lothaire's vows to the Lore that will prevent him from saving Elizabeth's soul from destruction, and some foretelling prophecy that never gets explained - only for it to be over in a few short sentences felt weird and unsatisfying. After Saroya's departure the reader realizes that there just isn't a lot more to Elizabeth and Lothaire. Oh there was loads of potential but I really feel like the story fell flat. Boo.

Until next time,
~Lisa

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.