Anne's Reviews > The Bar Code Tattoo

The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn

F 50x66
Jul 28, 11

Read in July, 2011

I was really excited when I started this book. I love the science fiction concept and the YA ties to books like Fahrenheit 451 and many others. I loved the storyline up until halfway through the book when a few problems reared their ugly heads.

The heroine can't decide who she seems to love and it appears that she'll make out with any boy that she is left with for a length of time. I just couldn't understand this girl's motivation since the writing was very much tell with little show about her thoughts and attraction to these boys. As it was it felt like any cute boy was fair game

I also felt like the plot petered out near the end when the author started going new-age with the characters and our main character suddenly was practicing her telepathy/telekinesis/touch healing abilities after we'd only had glimpses of a possible foresight ability. It felt contrived and preachy as she lived in her new little rebellion commune with other special people who were very similarly gifted. When did we move to Hogwarts?

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bar Code Tattoo.