Robyn's Reviews > Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?

Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler

2032035
Jul 28, 11

bookshelves: 2011, non-fiction
Read in July, 2011

Holy What-it-is-ness! That was a wild and crazy ride! Never would have picked this up if I hadn't loved him so much on American Idol...I did not listen to much of their music. Heck I was just a baby (wink, wink). Aerosmith has only had a 40+ year career!!
On AI, I fell in love with his big heart, his style and sense of humor! I had no idea what a genius he is. It was very interesting learning about this legendary performer and what makes him tick. But seriously, how has he survived? He was totally wasted for like 25 years straight! I learned more about the "rock-n-roll" lifestyle than I ever wanted to! Yep, drugs, sex, rock-n-roll. I would have liked to hear more about how he got his 2 doctorate degrees, though. He IS a poet and I have a new appreciation for him, if not purely for his fashion sense.

One of my favorite lines was when he realized the toll his lifestyle had taken on his kids, "A lot of your problems have my name on them, but most of the solutions will have your name on them."
And regarding his creativity, "If you don't know where to draw the line, then your choices become infinite."
However, he is a self proclaimed "foul-mouthed individual"...be warned!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen I'm reading this book right now and I am surprised to find that I like it. It seems like and honest (as honest as one can be about themselves) assessment of his life as he sees it.
I love the story of how he used to lay under his father's piano and listen to him playing classical music (which is what was the inspiration to his song, "Dream on".
As far as the doctorate's, I just assumed they were honorary degrees that were given to him, but who knows.