Patrick's Reviews > The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry

The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson

Jul 29, 11

Read in July, 2011

I blame Ronson for turning me on to mega-nut David Icke and his endlessly entertaining Lizard people conspiracy theory in "Them: Adventures with Extremists."

In this one he's asked to investigate an elaborate and weird hoax involving a book called "Being or Nothingness," by Joe K. - which takes him to Indiana and Douglas Hofstadter ("Godel, Escher, Bach").

That in turn sets him off on psychopaths, the Hare Psychopathy Checklist. Lots of oddballs emerge.

Ronson's got a funny style, and apparently a real knack for tracking down the world's screwballs. Very interesting and enjoyable.

Also uncomfortable at times, especially when the reader starts considering the psychopath checklist in terms of himself or his friends.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Psychopath Test.

Kurt You've hooked me once again, mon Ami. I will soon add this one to my Kindle's bits & bytes.

Petra X I'm reading the Psychopath Test right now. I liked Them more, but then there's nothing quite so entertaining as the lizard people and owl-worshippers in this one.