Maria's Reviews > Betrayal in Death

Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb

Jul 30, 11

bookshelves: nora-roberts-re-reads, romance-mystery-scifi-thriller
Read from July 27 to 29, 2011, read count: 3

In the ongoing saga of Eve and Roarke, this book gives us a little more information on Roarke's early years by introducing a childhood friend, one Roarke had thought was dead. The convolutions of the story line tie up the different character sets without giving away too much in the interim, so I found the book delightfully easy on the senses, something I can't always say about the in Death books in general. I particularly enjoyed the way Eve and Feeney's pessimistic take on the Peabody/McNab relationship is justified by events, even as Eve tries to understand Peabody's position and be a sympathetic listener, a role that doesn't come easily to her. For once she gets to be the caregiver for Roarke as he deals with the murders of two of his employees and an attempted murder of a third. Lots of stuff in this book with Charles, Nadine, Mavis, Trina, Mira, Dickhead, Trueheart, and Crack getting spot appearances. The candy thief strikes again but there are no further clues as to his or her identity. I have decided against McNab and Peabody, although Baxter, Carmichael, and Feeney are still on the list of possibles. Whitney and Tibble would be noticed around her office as would Roarke, so I have reluctantly removed them from the list, too. Reluctantly because it would be funnier if it were one of them. So far I'm still leaning towards Baxter as the candy thief.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal in Death.