Sarah's Reviews > The Silent Girl

The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen

F 50x66
Jul 28, 11

my absolute, absolute, absolute favourite of tess's! (and this has nothing to do with my asian heritage)

feeling a love i cant quite put into words right now. this book, for me, contained just the right elements - the suspense, the twists, the action.. everything. tess added just enough clues in the story (hidden in the details - just as i like it) for you to play whodunnit, but threw in twists to throw you off your game, only to serve with an ending that i did not anticipate.

also, the tension? between maura and jane? perfect. to the t. i loved maura's headstrong refusal to see things any other way than black and white, and janes' surprising tender and understanding nature when it came to the, well, situation. it just goes to say, as good friends as jane and maura are, justice and science do not always look eye to eye.

oh a side note, did anyone else pick up on the similarties between this novel and girl with a dragon tattoo?

things i didnt like? all those romance-y bits (not really a fan of maura and brophy) felt a little ill-contrived, but thats just me and my skepticism.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silent Girl.