Ira Therebel's Reviews > Man's Search for Meaning

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl

I absolutely love this book. I already read it several times and I am sure that I will read it many times more.
I read very few bad critics on this book and some of them weren't happy because of the very dry tone of the book. but this is exactly why I like it so much. It isn't just an emotional description of the horrors of a concentration camp but an analysis of it.
Viktor Frankl, who was a psychiatrist, manages very well to write about his experience in a detached way and offer an explanation to the human behavior and feelings in that situation.
It goes through the three stages of a concentration camp prisoner: initial shock, getting into the routine and liberation. For all three stages he has a lot of examples from his own experience in Auschwitz and Dachau.
And at the end of the book he adds a brief introduction to logotherapy that was developed by him.
I will not say the book changed my life or made me see things differently, but it sure does make one think and brings some great ideas on life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Man's Search for Meaning.