Stephanie's Reviews > Ark Baby

Ark Baby by Liz Jensen

Jul 28, 11

This work of genius may have been called a comedy, but I found myself rooting for the freakish couple and enjoying how Jensen uses the Montgolfier balloon to add to imagination (among others); thus alternating between trepidation at their escapades and sadness at the blatant ostracism. Add to that mixture her astute observations at Life, the Universe, God and Darwinism, this is fucking gold and more proof that Jensen is a fucking genius. The woman does not write fast enough.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ark Baby.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyndall (new)

Lyndall King Totally. She is a diamond of a writer! I thank the day I picked up the book on a whim in a second hand bookshop and discovered her. Just not acclaimed enough for her dark, funny and creepily accurate observations of modern and future humanity.

Stephanie Lyndall wrote: "Totally. She is a diamond of a writer! I thank the day I picked up the book on a whim in a second hand bookshop and discovered her. Just not acclaimed enough for her dark, funny and creepily accura..."

Now the goal is to collect as many of her books as I can. I too found my first Liz Jensen book - The Ninth Life of Louis Drax in a second-hand bookstore.