Anette's Reviews > Long Drive Home

Long Drive Home by Will Allison

Jul 29, 11

Read from July 27 to 29, 2011

In Long Drive Home, Glen Bauer makes one bad decision. One second. One reaction. And the many consequences that follow. On the way home from picking his daughter up from school, an incident of road rage turns into a fatal accident for the other driver. In a split second, Glen decides to lie about what happens and that one omission of truth erupts into his whole world changing.
I didnt like the characters all that much. The wife, Liz seemed cold hearted and unreasonable to me. Her reasoning for seperating from her husband seemed so unbelievable that I expected some kind of secret on her part to be released... unfortunately there was none. The husband, Glen did things that made me wanna scream. He is also incredibly immature and this is shown in great detail when he stalks another driver who threatens him after a previous run in right before the accident.
I felt it came to an untimely end - as if the author had something else to do that day and just wrapped the story up in a paragraph. I felt there was so much left to be explored and answered that it didn't live up to it's potential. Could have been a much deeper read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Long Drive Home.