Martha's Reviews > The Dollhouse Murders

The Dollhouse Murders by Betty Ren Wright

20353
Apr 02, 08

bookshelves: park-slope-bookclub, middle-grade, paranormal, scary
Read in March, 2008

I know that I read this multiple times as a kid, when I was going through my supernatural/mystery phase, but didn't really remember the details much. And I admit that the creepy attic, dolls moving around on their own scenes still gave me chills this time around. I guess I'm just that much of a wimp, and it's a good thing I read it on a bright Saturday morning.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dollhouse Murders.

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Scholastic Apple books, how I dote upon thee. Yeah, somehow this one didn't stick with me over the years, but I remember enjoying most of it at the time. Ms. Wright sort of battled it out with Mary Downing Hahn for the heart and soul of girls who liked to read about ghosts.

message 2: by Martha (new) - added it

Martha Molly and I were, in fact, talking about the Wright vs. Hahn books we read at children! I think Wait Till Helen Comes is the scariest book I have ever read--and that's up next month for my Brooklyn book club. I will be reading it in broad daylight with all the lights on and my roommate home.

message 3: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Oh yeah. That's the one I still recommend. Why don't they reissue it with a better cover? That was my favorite alongside Willo David Robert's "The Girl With the Silver Eyes". More sci-fi than ghost story but I still have my beaten up copy here at home.

message 4: by Martha (new) - added it

Martha Oh, but they are--and it's out this month! Check it out on amazon. It's good, but I'm attached to the bad 80s covers of my youth.