Louise's Reviews > The Little Giant of Aberdeen County

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker

Jul 27, 11

Not as good as I hoped it would be. Very standard storyline with predictable ending. The narrator was more unlikable than not for most of the story. The peripheral characters were far more likable. The narrator being a giant wasn't used as well as I thought it might be. Any sort of difference between her and the rest of the town would have sufficed for the most part. Seemed like the author had some good ideas, but definitely didn't follow through with them as well as I hoped.

Truly is the least likable character in the book. She allows the townspeople to treat her terribly and makes excuses for them. Her friends, who treat her well, get treated terribly by Truly...who then makes excuses for herself. She spends so much time discussing her size, she is obviously fascinated with herself and won't admit to it. I also believe that the underlying storyline...that Truly wanted her sister's life...and wouldn't give it up for anything leaves a big hole in the story..because the author doesn't deal with it at all.

A wholly unrewarding read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Giant of Aberdeen County.