Emanuela's Reviews > A Journey Into Ireland's Literary Revival

A Journey Into Ireland's Literary Revival by R. Todd Felton

Jun 11, 08

bookshelves: compulsory-readings, read-in-english
Recommended for: If you are interested in Literature and/or love Ireland, this is the book for you
Read in June, 2008

For a devoted lover of both Ireland and literature, this book was a wonderful reading.
It is extremely well written, complete and intriguing and full of informations and anedoctes on some of the most important Irish literary figures of the 20th century.
I may be wrong about it, but judging from the way it is written, I bet Mr. Felton is in love with Ireland as much as I am (I know, I know, I got a little carried away...)
There is another plus: Mr. Felton's journey into Ireland's literary contributions and history has provided me with yet more books to buy and read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Journey Into Ireland's Literary Revival.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by R. (new) - rated it 5 stars

R. Might I suggest Susan Cahill's For the Love of Ireland, which covers some of the same ground as A Journey into Ireland's Literary Revival but introduces the reader to a wider range of Irish writers. The second book I would pick up is an anthology of Irish short stories. They are masters of the form -- truly magnificent.

Emanuela Great suggestions, thanks a lot! I'll surely follow your advise.