Maria's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Sep 27, 11

Read from August 08 to September 27, 2011

When the Mortal War ended in the last book, City Of Glass, I wondered where the author would then take the story line when I found out there was another book in the series. It seemed to me that particular story line would have been the basis for the whole series. After checking out her website, I've found that there will, in fact, be six books in the series. The first three; City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass, all had me on the edge of my seat. I was engulfed in the story with all the action & forbidden love and I found it hard to put down. I was kind of disappointed when I finished City of Glass until I learned of the fourth book, City of Fallen Angels.

Their lives continue on as they return to New York, but apparently the war is not over. Clary, who was excited of all the possibilities that lie before her (including being able to finally call Jace her boyfriend) soon discovers that nothing comes without a price.

I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed. I didn't get the same "on the edge of my seat, can't put the book down" feeling as I had with the three before. However, seeing that there will be two more books and how the ending played out in this one, I believe that City of Fallen Angels may have been a "stepping stone" book. Maybe it's just building us up to the next two. The battle has been won, but is this book setting the stage for the war??

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.