Diah Didi's Reviews > Texas Glory

Texas Glory by Lorraine Heath

Jul 27, 11

bookshelves: series, 2011, historical, s-a-m, marriage-of-convenience, borrowed, english
Read from June 18 to 21, 2011

** spoiler alert ** At first I didn't had a great expectation cause in my opinion Dallas was too dominating. I didn't really like him, I guess. But then I fell for both of them, Dallas and Dee, especially after they realized how much they enjoy and cherish the other, even though they didn't start very well. Dallas didn't even know her until last minute. Desperately need a wife to give him a son, he decided to marry Dee. He didn't even bother to court her, or met her before the wedding took place. He didn't even bother to think when Austin, informed by Cameron, Dee's brother, told him that she didn't have a nose cause the Indian cut it. :))
It really broke my heart when they had to loose their unborn son. Can't hold back my tears many times. When Dallas buried his son, when Rawley said sorry for feeling that he's responsible for the lost of the baby, when Dee thought of divorcing Dallas cause she loved him so much she wanted him to get a son he had dreamed of. When Dee visited her son's grave. And when Austin was finally charged guilty over Boyd's death.

I must say I was a bit annoyed with the mustache thing, especially since Ms Heath mentioned Dallas' habit playing with it couple of times, when he's thinking over something: rubbed his thumb and forefinger over his mustache. *lol
Well, guess I'm not really into 'mustache' thing. :))
But what I learned from this, no matter how much you had, sometimes you'd still feel empty until you filled it with love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Texas Glory.