Karyn's Reviews > Feed

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Mar 31, 08

bookshelves: booksiown
Read in January, 2003

** spoiler alert ** The thing about this book is that I read it five years ago (as an advance copy,) and I still think about it today.

This is what Brenna said about it at age 15:
"WOW. This book was amazing. I don't know how M.T. Anderson thought of all this. Everything in the book was so creative. The feeds, upcars, going in mal, lesions and all the weird slang. Feed was sad, funny, weird and really scary. I will be thinking about it for a long time."

This is what my brother wrote about it at age 12:
"Feed was...interesting. It was an eye-opener, if that is what you could call it. The author, M.T. Anderson, sadly incorporated a lot of truth into the novel. Such as the fact that the world is going downhill at high speed, all because of computer technology. A lot of the story was weird, but unfortunately believable. We'll be able to fly to the moon one day for a weekend party, and drive around in hover cars. On the scarier side of things, we'll have to wear protective body suits in the ocean as to not get melted by all of the biological waste floating around in it. And the world will be ruined. We'll live in the sky. And worst of all, getting computer chips linked to our brains. And so, I suppose this was somewhat depressing, in the fact that there won't be much left for civilization to look forward to. However, the writing was excellent, the plot was quite interesting and there was a bright hint of light that shone through all of the darkness that was embedded in the story.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feed.