Katy Budget Books's Reviews > Beauty Queens

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

Jul 27, 11

bookshelves: our-passionate-customers

Nikki Lejeune says:
I absolutely love this book! It is definitely one of the most original, creative, imaginative stories I have ever read! Libba Bray does a fabulous job capturing the reader’s attention and is able to make light of the pageant world without being offensive towards it. This book makes me feel proud to be a girl!

To describe the plot, I have to be repetitive: original, creative, imaginative. The story has so many twists and turns, I never could have guessed half of them! Bray is so talented and has the perfect mixture of silly and serious. It makes me appreciate the complexity of being a girl but also understand the strength we have. Bray turns a group of sparkly pageant queens into confident super-girls! They find they can do anything, while still looking pretty, and I feel that message is important to girls of all ages.

The characters are so different, but each of their personalities is pivotal to the story! From intelligent, skeptical Adina to strong, motivational Taylor Rain Crystal Hawkins to wacky but loveable Tiara, all the girls struggle to overcome their differences and work together to save the group. Add in some hot pirates, secret agent men, and a greedy dictator, and you’ve got yourself Beauty Queens in a nutshell.

It is obvious that Libba Bray enjoyed writing this book, but I can guarantee it is even more fun to read. I couldn’t put it down! With the plot, the characters, the setting, and the message, it is a read that is truly worth it! I can’t wait to look into more pieces by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty Queens.