Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson

Jul 12, 14

bookshelves: 1st-in-series, young-adult, read-in-2011, favourites, library-books, sci-fi, psychology, aliens, buy-now, series-continue, m-read
Recommended to Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} by: Laura Lulu
Read on September 27, 2011

Speechless. I'm utterly, utterly speechless.

Words, words, where are the words? How can I describe this?

Amazing. Awe-inspiring. Heart-achingly beautiful.

The writing, the language, the emotions and imagination -this is a work of pure genius.

I can't tell you how long I've waited to read something so completely original and inspiring.

And it's a self-contained novel. No unanswered questions that won't be satisfied in a sequel due out in a year. Oh, the glee.

It's not possible for me to go in to detail because I would give away too much. You really need to go in blind and discover that R. J. Anderson deserves an award, many awards. And of course, the tools to write yet another piece of art I can admire, clutch tightly in my hands and call it my precious.

Go read this. Beg, borrow or steal it if you have to, it's worth the jail time, I promise. Go now. I'll see you on the other side.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ultraviolet.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura Lulu Yay! You loved it. You really loved it! Lol.

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH It was a great book. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Laura Lulu wrote: "Yay! You loved it. You really loved it! Lol."

I really, really did! Best thing I've read in a while.

The Holy Terror Oh man, I looked at the library for this yesterday when I saw your review. They didn't even have it on order. Now, I know a back way of finding what they've ordered, and today they've got a buttload of new books up. This one included! Aaahh, I'm so happy now.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Lucky! Now you don't have to beg or steal it. No jail time for you. ;)

The Holy Terror Heh. And I'm more than likely #1 on the list, since I found it right after they posted it. So, whenever they get it in I'll get to read it!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Yay! I love being the first to read a library book.

message 8: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH It's such a cool book. I love that you only know what the main character knows.

message 10: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim I couldn't agree more! Excellent review.;)