Christa Seeley's Reviews > The Iron Queen

Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: bea-2011, genre-fantasy, own
Read from July 27 to 30, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** This review originally posted at Christa's Hooked on Books

Meghan and Ash have been banished from the Nevernever. They have given up their families and their titles in order that they can be together. It won't be easy but as far as they're concerned it's worth it. But even in the real world they're not safe from the Iron Fey. Their power and ambition grows every day and it seems like nothing can stop them. Despite their banishment Ash and Meghan are drawn into a war that has shaken the Nevernever to it's very core. A war that threatens to ruin everything. This is the last chance to stop the Iron Fey before they destroy Summer and Winter forever.

Though I have loved all the books in the Iron Fey series I think the Iron Queen is my favourite. The first book was an introduction to the amazing world of the fey. The second book allowed us to really get to know (and love) Ash and Meghan but this third book is where the action is! There are some epic confrontations and battles in this book and it easy to get swept away in the excitement.

As always Julie Kagawa provides us with an all star cast of characters. They're all so lovable in their own ways. Their interaction is believable and enjoyable. Even when arguing amongst themselves it is obvious these characters were written to go together. They're like parts of a puzzle and they all nicely fit together. I think it makes the story that much more enjoyable that all the characters get along so well and that there are no secondary characters that don't need to be there and distract from those that are important.

A thrilling adrenaline rush of book the Iron Queen is an exciting fantasy read. All other books in the series have been bringing you to this point, to this climax – and it delivers. Whether you're Team Ash or Team Puck (Or Team Meghan!) doesn't matter. All differences are set aside for the greater good of saving the Nevernever and preserving the magic of the world of the fey. Action, adventure, fantasy, humour and a dash of romance. What's not to love?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.

07/27/2011 page 316
88.0% "Probably the most exciting of the series (so far)"