Luise's Reviews > No Time for Goodbye

No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay

Jul 27, 11

Read this yesterday, sorta inbetween other books and I liked it.
The first half was much more thrilling than the second but that's usually the case with me and thrillers. I don't like the part, where the whole mystery starts to be revealed.

I liked the whole idea of the story (SPOILER ALERT!):

A girl has a big fight with her parents because she is 14 and drunk. She goes to bed, more or less passes out for the night and when she wakes up the following morning, her parents and her brother are gone. Beds are made, no signs of breakfast-leftovers, a note or anything to explain.

25 years later the girl is happily married with an 8yr-old daughter of her own. She does a TV-bit on her vanished family members, hoping someone will finally step up to tell her something about their fate.
Instead weird things start to happen that imply her family might still be alive after all these years.

That part I liked. I got a little bored with the book when I figured out what was the most plausible thing to have happened. Still I liked the writing. The language is very colloquial and I think that made the characters believable.Overall it was a good and entertaining read, nothing more but also nothing less.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Time for Goodbye.