Rachel's Reviews > Gone

Gone by Michael  Grant

Jul 28, 11

Read in July, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shaun (new) - added it

Shaun Hutchinson I had mixed feelings about this one. Great writing, fun premise, but missing a little subtlety. That said, I can't wait to read the second one.

Rachel This was the first time, in several months of looking, that the store was stocking the first in the series. I'm a sucker for these kind of survival stories--having even read the Left Behind series for awhile hoping for some of the better not-biblical content/consequences--so I'm looking forward to see what he did with it.

message 3: by Shaun (new) - added it

Shaun Hutchinson I'm curious to see what you think. For survival stories, have you ever read LIFE AS WE KNEW IT? It's the story about when the moon is shifted out of orbit and things get crazy? The first book is really good and really intense.

Rachel Shaun wrote: "I had mixed feelings about this one. Great writing, fun premise, but missing a little subtlety. That said, I can't wait to read the second one."

I enjoyed it. There were a lot of areas where the skeleton of the story wasn't buried very deep, or at all, and it felt like I wasn't supposed to be seeing backstage quite so much, but I enjoyed it. :)

message 5: by Shaun (new) - added it

Shaun Hutchinson Do you have the second book? I have it on my Nook and it's been calling to me. I'll let you know how it goes. I think with more time to build, more nuances will flesh themselves out.