Kash's Reviews > The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future

The Dumbest Generation by Mark Bauerlein

Jul 27, 2011

This is so very frightening. This slim book talks about the digital generation born between 1980 to mid 1990s. A generation that reads less and less every day and is off the mark by miles. And this know-nothing generation voted a know-nothing president into office this past November. It makes me very worried. Unless something is done with the public education, there's no way the future generations become any better either. Most teenagers and young adults I have talked to in the US or Canada are clueless morons. That frightens me beyond any thing else. This book is detailed with info, stats and surveys and it is gonna be very hard to deny the findings of this book. Indeed, the current structure of the mass media, public schools and education is helping this crisis become bigger and ever more scarier. This book is a must read for those who would like to understand how this know-nothing generation works, thinks and operates. Get it and read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dumbest Generation.