new_user's Reviews > Dead on the Delta

Dead on the Delta by Stacey Jay

Jul 27, 11

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead on the Delta.

CJ -Doctor can you help me, 'cause something just don't feel right Are we reading this for August because I've got this on my shelf...

message 2: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user Oh, is it out already? I didn't even realize. I'll pick it up tomorrow. We can read it in Aug. for sure. :)

message 3: by Vered (new) - added it

Vered Rootless Tree (CJ) wrote: "Are we reading this for August because I've got this on my shelf..."

Me too...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Me three! One lonesome UF amidst my historicals.

message 5: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user Yay! All together!

message 8: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu You had me at "hard drinking, smart mouthed..."

I'm in.

message 9: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user Yesss, join ussss.

message 10: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu Are you a serpent?

message 11: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu Or is your tongue just stuck to the roof of your mouth because you're so hungry?

message 12: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user Oh yeah? Well, I'm going to a cake tasting tomorrow. What now? I had to tell the baker I couldn't be there earlier than 8:15 though. He was like, "You can't come any earlier???" I was like, "No, "

message 13: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu Lol! I love cake tastings. Yum yum. Let me know when Ramadan's over and I'll show you pics of the cupcakes I made for that shower. They turned out awesome, right outta Cupcake Wars. :)

message 14: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user LOL. I knew they would. Show me the pics, show me!

message 15: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu I'm at work, no can do. :( But I'll do it from home, if my early onset Alzheimer's doesn't kick in.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura Lulu wrote: "I'm at work, no can do. :( But I'll do it from home, if my early onset Alzheimer's doesn't kick in."

Truly you and I are one person. Early onset Alzheimer's, incontinence and post-nursing boobs.

Do you hear that, Internet? We're wet in all the wrong ways.

message 17: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu Have you every jumped on a trampoline? I don't recommend it. Unless of course you follow a strict kegel regimen.

message 18: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user :o Okay, no childrens for me! LOL.

message 19: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu Eh, your shit eventually starts falling apart, no matter what. So it's nice to have the kids as a scapegoat. It's fun being a martyr. ;)

message 20: by Jan (new)

Jan Moss, every time you post something I love you a little more. All your wetness included.

You've even invaded my brain. When I was reading On the Edge, there was a tree with moss on it mentioned, and I was all "Wheee! Moss!!!"

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

hehehe

You, me and my urologist, we should go on a picnic sometime.

Yeah! I'm in your brain, invading your TREE.

I agree, scapegoat the kids. They share blame time with hubby, so between them all I have my bases covered.

Kegels. I'm doing them right now. RIGHT NOW a woman across the world from you is making her pelvic floor move because you told her to. That right there is the true power of the internets.

message 22: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu Wow. Isn't technology grand?

Now make your pecs bounce.

message 23: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user Did you know there are super kegels too?

message 24: by Laura Lulu (last edited Aug 01, 2011 09:18PM) (new)

Laura Lulu Super kegels, here I come!

But seriously? If my uturus, bladder or rectum was sticking outta my koochie coo, I'd be banging down the front door at my gynie's house. Who wouldn't see a doctor for that?

::shiver::

message 25: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror I think we should all make it a point to talk about vaginas on every single one of our review pages. We're already doing a fantastic job!

Yay! Vaginas!

VAGINA.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Ahem. So post-baby incontinence. There's always the bladder sling. My ob told me so. *coughs*

message 27: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror WHY DID I GOOGLE THAT.

message 28: by Laura Lulu (last edited Aug 01, 2011 10:08PM) (new)

Laura Lulu Speaking of the almighty va-jay-jay, has anyone seen this awesomely awesome commercial? When I saw it for the first time, it got to the end and I said to Mike, "Did they just say what I thought they said? Rewind it!"

And then I laughed my ass off.

Hail to the V

But even funnier than the commercial, is the comments on youtube. Seriously people? Come on, laugh a little. It's ok, the Feminist Police won't revoke your membership card if you just giggle a bit at the silliness. I promise.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Well, if the bladder sling doesn't work for you and you want to tighten those walls then try the Kegelmaster. I hear it really works. Deterrents for using it are dealing with cleaning and finding time without the kids to use it.

@Laura Lulu...LOL on Hail to the V. I feel EMPOWERED!!!

message 30: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user LOL! I love that commercial. I AM WOMAN! VAGINA. LOL.

Now that my review's filtered by most search engines, doesn't that smiley up there look like a sperm?

message 31: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror Heh. It kind of does.

message 32: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user Also, that kegelmaster thing is just a glorified speculum, LOL. Swindlers.

message 33: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu Like a sperm with warpaint.

message 34: by Laura Lulu (last edited Aug 01, 2011 11:49PM) (new)

Laura Lulu And I'm cool with all the VAGINAS flying around, but I didn't think in my wildest dreams that I'd get to read the phrase "glorified speculum", so thanks for that. ;)

It's a good name for a band. Maybe when Moss goes on NZ Idol.

message 35: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror Laura, since you haven't wandered over to Moss's updates yet ... I just wanted to warn you that this has a love triangle.

Yaaaaay, your favorite thing in the whole wide world!

message 36: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror Laura Lulu wrote: "It's a good name for a band. Maybe when Moss goes on NZ Idol."

YES to THIS.

I want a t-shirt.

message 37: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu The Holy Terror wrote: "Laura, since you haven't wandered over to Moss's updates yet ... I just wanted to warn you that this has a love triangle.

Yaaaaay, your favorite thing in the whole wide world!"

Ugh.

message 38: by Jan (new)

Jan Sigh, one goes to sleep only to miss out on VAGINAs and glorified speculums.

Life is sad.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

new_user wrote: "Did you know there are super kegels too?"

What to do if my uterus falls out?

Is there an emoticon out there equal to this?

Hehe glorified speculums. In our house we call them penises.

Wicked Incognito Now Aw man. You guys got up to all sorts of fun while I was sleeping.

However, I will maintain to my dying day that the whole wet crotch was due to residual hot tub leakage. (We had just spent a few hours in the hot tub.)

message 41: by Ariana (new)

Ariana LMFAO! Holy shit.

message 42: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Also, after reading that article about ur insides falling out of your vagina (lmao @ I wiped and felt something coming out), I also discovered that I can do something similar to a kegel. It's called a vagina pucker.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

April wrote: "Aw man. You guys got up to all sorts of fun while I was sleeping.

Bahahahahaha!

message 44: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror ::facepalm::

I am ejecting myself from this thread.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Ariana wrote: "It's called a vagina pucker.
..."

oh shit i just died

message 46: by Ariana (new)

Ariana The Holy Terror wrote: "::facepalm::

I am ejecting myself from this thread."

Awww come on, we're all about honesty in here aren't we? Right?....Right!?.....guys??

And don't try and tell me that yours didn't a little too.

message 47: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu April wrote: "Aw man. You guys got up to all sorts of fun while I was sleeping.

My family hoards this horrible pict of me with wet crotch while jumping on a trampoline. Yes. That's true. I wet my pants on a trampoline. "

And the worst part is, you have no idea it's happening. My bro and sil had a jump house for their son's bday last year and after the non-family peeps left, we were jumping in there. My sil had full blown pee pee pants and had no idea until she realized her pants were wet. I just had pee pee dribbles. I told her that was the difference between having 4 kids or 2 kids. Although she didn't push the last two out--does that matter? Maybe she's just a pee pee pants to begin with.

message 48: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu Ariana wrote: "It's called a vagins pucker."

And it will be called a kegel after you have kids.

message 49: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu The Holy Terror wrote: "::facepalm::

I am ejecting myself from this thread."

Kinda like how our weak pelvic floor muscles eject pee.

Are you pregnant yet?

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura Lulu wrote: "The Holy Terror wrote: "::facepalm::

I am ejecting myself from this thread."

Kinda like how our weak pelvic floor muscles eject pee.

Are you pregnant yet?"

Oh good, someone else is asking.

I think she probably is. So glowy! 1st trimester is the worst, Shannonski.

« previous 1