Lady Jaye's Reviews > The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

Updated Review:

Imma make this quick:

1. I loved Percy Jackson from the moment I finally convinced myself to pick up the first book, but I must say my respect, admiration and appreciation for him has grown tremendously as the series has grown. I can't overstate enough how much I admire him. This is a boy who has made everyone around just by existing. And again, I marvel at how he does that without being too perfect, or wooden as a character.

2. I am glad for how Mr. Riordan closed this series. I loved the shades of grey and the unraveling of characters' motivations as the final battle drew nearer.

3. Perhaps my only problem with the series is that this time around I am noticing that the villains tended to be caricatures, and the minions of evil tended not to be the sharpest tools in the shed, but even so, that is still a very small complaint to what I consider an excellent, excellent plot and world-building.

4. This is ridiculously cheesy, but I do feel privileged to have come on this journey with Percy and his friends. I am reading the other series by Mr. Riordan currently, and I must say that none of them match up to this series, especially in characterization. Mr. Riordan struck major gold with these characters.

5. Okay let me stop now before I say something even more ridiculously cheesy and embarrass myself unforgivably on the internets.

----------------------------------------------------
The Last Olympian is the final book in the Percy Jackson series, and what a finale it is!

The books has grown as Percy has grown, and as the war has come closer. the tone of this book is much darker than the others.

But it is still amazing. I was again hooked from start to finish.

Excellent, excellent end to an excellent series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Olympian.