Denise's Reviews > Scarecrows

Scarecrows by Tom Upton

Sep 14, 11

Read from September 06 to 14, 2011, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I really liked where this book was headed. I loved the creepy folklore aspect, the unexplained phenomena, the madness of Rich Seagrove. I flew through the pages, waiting for everything to get resolved and wrapped up. And then, as another reviewer mentioned, the book became a massive zombie fight.

In all fairness, I was warned of the book's graphic violence (a warning which I was grateful for!), but I was unprepared for the zombie aspect itself, which seemed to have little build up (except maybe the mention of the Tinder Men, which I thought was going to go down a different path).

I give the book a lot of credit though - it kept me reading and kept me wanting to know more. For the things that weren't for me in the book, I sure couldn't put it down, and that says something! I particularly loved watching the development of some of the characters like Rad and Matt.

Like other readers, I downloaded the free ebook version of this, and was also distracted by the typos and incorrect words that frequently dotted the pages. If this was a published hard copy book or a Kindle purchase I would have been greatly put off by it, but with this being a free ebook, I can understand that maybe it wasn't edited properly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scarecrows.