Kristal Cooper's Reviews > Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral

Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish

Jul 27, 2011

I'm lucky to have not yet lost anyone really dear to me, so the grieving issues didn't really hit home for me. I'm also quite happy with my life, not feeling trapped in any part of it, so those themes also didn't resonate as much with me as they would with some. I DO have some wonderfully long female friendships and you can't help but imagine a traveling funeral for yourself or one of your friends as you read this book. I doubt that it would go the same way for me, though, because there's almost nothing my friends and family don't know about me. That's what makes them my best friends: the intimacy and the acceptance of all my quirks and flaws. The book DID make me want to spend more time with my gal-pals. How fun would it be to get your best friends, your sister and your mom together for a girls' trip once a year?

ANY-hoo... I thought the book was a lovely idea and contained beautiful prose at times. I can't imagine a woman who wouldn't enjoy reading it or didn't benefit from it in some way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral.