Brianne's Reviews > Switched

Jul 27, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: books-i-did-not-finish, dropped-series, pnr
Read on July 27, 2011

Fortunately, I read the free sample download on my nook before actually investing, because if I had to spend nine dollars on this book I would be thoroughly disappointed. The free sample read up to chapter sixteen, right before her 'ball', and by then I had had enough with the characters I was almost happy it was over.

The main girl, Wendy, is boring and whiny and annoying. All she does is complain about her stupid hair and how she has no friends. Big whoop. When she isn't complaining about that she's getting depressed over Finn, a boy she's only met a couple of times but since he stares at her creepily it must be love, and feeling sorry for herself. Her discovering why she is 'so different' ended up being completely anti-climatic, and it only got worse from there.

Honestly, do not waste your money. I actually liked the secondary characters more than I liked that main ones. Sad...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Switched.

Jess Leigh lol so true. I actually bought the book only to discover that by the 3rd chapter I was ready to throw it out the window. Now I really regret not getting the sample =/

Brianne Yeah, it was really horrid. I'm glad the sample let me see enough of the book to let me know I shouldn't waste my money.

Jess Leigh pshh, lucky :) It's a shame because Amanda Hocking isn't that bad of a writer, this idea just sucked. Like really, trolls?

Brianne I guess vampires/werewolves/faeries became overused... but trolls is just... -___-