Bridget's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Jul 27, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fiction
Read in July, 2011

I checked it out because it seemed to be popular, and I knew it was being made into a movie. There is so much that goes on in the book, it'll be interesting to see what makes it into the movie.

My aunt warned me that the first 100 pages are slow, but then after that, she said, she couldn't put it down. She was right. I even found the end a little slow. Maybe it's because I'm a journalist and I don't particularly care to read about work-related stuff during my leisure reading.

The middle of the book, however, was definitely riveting. While I figured some of the clues out, I did not see the twist coming.

When I told someone that I was going to read the book, she told me they heard it portrayed some violence toward women. My friend was right. Some parts are pretty graphic, so I wouldn't recommend the book to school children.

Nevertheless, I will definitely be reading Larsson's other two books. Hopefully they are more tightly edited and less tangential.