Megan Hoover's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

May 05, 12

bookshelves: best-of-2012
Read from March 05 to 08, 2012

There is a love story in this book and it is cute. Oliver is totally my kind of leading man - British, brilliant, sweet, AND funny - what’s not to love? The way they met was adorable (and actually plausible) but the real depth of the story was Hadley coming to terms with her father leaving her mother (and her) for another woman. It was actually a little gut wrenching to read about.

(Minor spoiler alert) towards the end of the story, when she confronts her father and he breaks down saying, “I fell in love” - my heart totally broke. You could just feel pain and guilt. He obviously felt horrible about hurting two people he cared so deeply about, but at the same time he didn't want to shy away from this amazing thing that happened to him - it was incredibly real and honest.

Originally posted at Read It, See It

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

03/05/2012
03/07/2012
39.0% "Super cute so far."
03/08/2012
100.0% "What a great fast read - and actually not as sappy a love story as I thought it would be."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (last edited Apr 03, 2012 12:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Megan Hoover I had no idea this book was really about coping with divorce and heartbreak. I picked this up expecting a cute/fun teen romance and got a very well written, thoughtful book about grief, love, and moving on.

(Minor spoiler alert) towards the end of the story, when she confronts her father....read the rest of the review @ Read It, See It.