Victor Gentile's Reviews > Glastonbury Tor

Glastonbury Tor by LeAnne Hardy

Jul 27, 11

Read in July, 2011

LeAnne Hardy in her new book, "Glastonbury Tor" published by Kregel Publications takes us to Medieval England under the reign of King Henry VIII.

Glastonbury is a small town in Somerset, England and situated 31 miles south of Bristol. Glastonbury’s early history is linked with it’s dominant landmark, the Tor, a nearby hill which rises up from the otherwise flat landscape of the Somerset Levels.

Colin Hay is seventeen. He blames his father for his mother's death and attacks him. Convinced he has killed his father, Colin flees. He heads to Glastonbury, seeking protection and a way to somehow cleanse himself of his sin. On his way he befriends a family who read an English Bible, against the law in King Henry VIII's England. Colin is taken in at the Glastonbury Abbey and plans for his orders as a monk. At the same time, in an effort to divorce his wife, King Henry has thrown off Catholicism and established the Church of England. The King's soldiers loot the Abbey of anything of value, accuse the Abbot and others of treason against King Henry and hang them. Hidden from the soldiers was the treasured olive wood cup. The Abbot had convinced Colin to keep it in his possession.

Opposing Colin is the evil Father Bede who wants the cup, believing, "When I raise the Holy Grail and call upon its power, all men will fall at my feet and worship." Colin finds himself in a spiritual battle with Father Bede and the evil Gwyn ap Nudd (Lord of the Otherworld), whom Bede worships. So even in a place reserved for God Colin learns there is evil.

LeAnne Hardy has written a uplifiting book that can reach a wide audience at different levels. "Glastonbury Tor" is a book of forgiveness, learning how to forgive and how to accept forgiveness. It is filled with history and ancient lore and the presence of God. I highly recommend it.

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Kregel Publications. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glastonbury Tor.