Emma's Reviews > Dark Heart Forever

Dark Heart Forever by Lee Monroe

F 50x66
Aug 18, 11

Read in August, 2011

This mysterious and enchanting novel, reveals to the reader a new approach towards mystic beings, split worlds and illusions versus reality.

"One girl. Two Worlds. Two Soulmates. One deadly choice."

Through the use of descriptive language to create emotional imagery, the reader is taken into the world of Jane Jonas. When she meets Evan, gorgeus, gentle, funny, and irrisistibly charming, Jane attempts to convince herself that he is the right one for her and exactly what she has been wanting her whole life through, but his occasional mood swings reveal to Jane a darker side to what she had imagined. A part of him leads her astray, and she realises that he isn't what he appears to be.

When we meet Evan he seems to be the all round boy next door with a slight mystery about him, but from the start he seemed a tad bit off for me. He has a lot of baggage and has a hidden agenda for the things he does and says. Luca on the other hand is very sensitive and the way Lee describes his moss green eyes leaves me begging for more. Luca has his own issues to work through but is able to do so before things take a turn for the worst. He makes a dramatic change in my opinion and is able to be the man that his sister Dayla and Jane see in him.

Luca. Olive skinned. Tanned. Emerald green eyes. Mysterious. Quiet. Without realising, Jane feels extremely bound to him, like a force keeps pulling her towards him and his world of Nessilum, where vampires, witches, angels, demons..and werewolves all exist.

A great ball, Blue satin dress, The palace, a photograph, lies, a journal, loyalty, trust, dark huts, passion, desire, fear.
Jane finds herself torn between two worlds, finding a part of her lost when Luca doesnt appear for a long period of time, She must decide what she truly wants.
Jane is left with two choices. But when she realises that her family is in extreme danger, she uncovers the true Evan, Raphael, who seeks vengeance for his fathers disappearance and death, believed to be the consequences of a broken heart.
Luca, "But what i feel for you is far too much to let you go." He kissed me quickly and firmly on the mouth, causing sparks to dance around my heart. "I can wait", I said, hoping that I really could. That time and practicality and other people wouldn't get in the way. "I will wait".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Heart Forever.