Preethi's Reviews > You Are Here

You Are Here by Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan

Jul 27, 11

bookshelves: can-do-without-reading-this
Read in January, 2007

What happens if a blogger suddenly decides to write? And lands up a book deal? Well, this book is an example.
A bad attempt at chick-lit, this book does nothing to your brain-cells except, may be, kill it a bit.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Are Here.

message 1: by Priya (new)

Priya Do a review! I heard about this book. Not good aa?

Preethi NOT AT ALL!

message 3: by Priya (new)

Priya Hehe.. I used to follow her blog, so was wondering how the book was..

Preethi Crappy. The blog also :) ;)

message 5: by Priya (new)

Priya I used to read it only to see how much more ridiculous these Page 3 type women get. It was like the Indian version of Sex and the City. Full filmy! :-P

message 6: by Nandini (new)

Nandini Even Amit Varma's book gave me a headache. I hate her blog.

Preethi Who is this Amit Varma?

message 8: by Sangeetha (new)

Sangeetha Kodithala Amit Varma blogs at www.indiauncut.com

message 9: by Priya (new)

Priya Talking about bloggers who wrote books, how's GreatBong's book? Anyone read it?

message 10: by Sangeetha (new)

Sangeetha Kodithala I read it. Bleh! Mostly a compilation of his blog posts, very few new ones.

message 11: by Nandini (new)

Nandini Not read it. I sometimes find his opinion way too opinionated #ifyouknowwhatImean

He writes well though.

message 12: by Priya (new)

Priya Then what are all these people on the interwebz smoking, man?! I heard these books getting praised to the Moon and back!

message 13: by Nandini (new)

Nandini Hello! you are new to all this aah? Everyone rubs each other's backs only. I can give you a list of famous blogs that go over my head. And I'm not that stupid. Nothing against the blogger or me. Just that I don't get some stuff they write or don't agree and vice versa.

Preethi Okay, honestly, I didnt like Sidin's Dork also. Just about okay it was. Its good he got an award and all... But not great.

Basically, IMO its all abt knowing the right ppl is what will get your book published or your name in the paper... Thats all.

message 15: by Nandini (new)

Nandini Not read Dork again, but I like his tweets. He is hilarious and sarcastic and very consistent but never rude, I feel.

Preethi Oh, he is one of the best, I feel. Dork is not a great book, just yet another blogger trying hard to show humor in what he writes, and simple language. And so is not on my awesome-he-made-it-big list.