Krista (One Love) (Critical)'s Reviews > Where She Went

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

2082345
This whole book I wanted Adam to move on from Mia. No such luck. I mean, the girl treated him like utter crap, and her apology was so unbelievably pathetic and puny, and Adam just forgave her - no, he didn't even think there was anything to forgive! Um, the b*tch stopped contacting you, wouldn't answer your calls, emails, wouldn't see you when you flew out to visit her, blamed you for her decision to live. News flash, Mia, it was YOUR choice, and can you really say if you'd been in his place you'd not have asked him to live as well? I don't think there's an excuse for her behavior. If she had actually broken up with him, then that would have made it better, but just stopping contact completely in order to be cruel and spiteful? Seriously, I was starting to wish she'd just have died in the first book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where She Went.

07/26/2011 "Am I the only one who thinks Adam should have moved on from the major bitch that is Mia?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mika Gosh, I feel the same way. I couldn't care for Mia at all. I never really liked her character in If I Stay. I always thought she was a snob and didn't get why Adam loved her so much. But her reasoning for dropping him altogether, what kind of heartless bitch does that? I kept thinking of the Gotye song 'Somebody I used to know' while reading the book.

Krista (One Love) (Critical) Yeah, she was definitely a bitch! I can't understand her behavior at all.

Kyla Crowley I'm in the minority, I guess... I loved this book and fully understood both characters motives. I think I did review it on here, so that will tell you exactly what I thought of it... I don't remember specifics, but this was much better than the first and such a lovely novel.