Scott's Reviews > Bad Blood

Bad Blood by John Sandford

Jan 09, 12

Read from January 03 to 08, 2012

I have enjoyed all of John Sandford's Virgil Flowers books. They are easy, fun reads that take place from my original homestate...they are books that are always good to sit down with for a few days but never anything amazing. However, Bad Blood is by far my favorite novel in the Flowers series thus far, and I thought this one was kind of amazing. The investigation that Flowers delivers in Bad Blood seemed so much more intricate than the other three books. And I feel that there were a couple moments that were more exciting and "had me on the edge of my seat" more than any other crime novel I have ever read. Flowers himself is such a great character. He is completely flawed, yet still quite captivating. When I talk to people about this series, I always describe him as the James Bond of small town, blue collar Minnesota. Part of the reason this one was so great, was the crime was so disgusting, there was no choice but to be all in with Flowers. The crime was also extremely believable this time, obviously based off of real incidents that have happened throughout history, especially the Short Creek incident in Arizona back in the 50s.
I highly recommend this one, if you just want to have an easy (yet disturbing) read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Blood.