Margaret Metz's Reviews > Surrender the Dawn

3220021
Aug 01, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from July 26 to 30, 2011

I had this book pre-ordered for so long I almost forgot and was tempted so many times to enter for a copy ... {wink} The story didn't let me down at all. Although I thought the cover was very pretty, I did wish the model had red hair. Luke mentions her hair many times and the model has either very dark brown or black hair but certainly not the gorgeous red locks that so enchant Mr. Heaton.

Luke and Cassandra are a great couple. They are both likable in their own right and I loved their interactions as well. They have some of that ... "opposites attract" thing going for them but they are also both loyal to family, smart, resourceful, strong-willed, and they have had hard times in their past that make them reluctant to rely upon on believe in God. So they have a lot more in common than either would probably like to admit. More than that - they need each other.

That need starts off as a business relationship and leads down some very interesting and adventurous paths. There are betrayals, thefts, abductions, bribery ... Oh - and a great romance. Leave it to the imagination of Mary Lu Tyndall. :o) This is making the list of my favorites. I hope you'll put it on your TBR pile.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender the Dawn.