Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books's Reviews > The Legacy of Kilkenny

The Legacy of Kilkenny by Devyn Dawson

The Legacy of Kilkenny is a fantastic read. Devyn Dawson has created one amazing urban- fantasy world. The storyline is strong and fresh, with different werewolf packs, vampires, dream walkers, and seers—and that's just the tip of this awesome adventure. The characters are well-developed and full of personality. This is the first book I’ve read where the main boy and girl characters were not in love with each other, but it works. Dawson did beautifully with Pru already being in love with Oakley. I didn't dislike Pru for not returning Abel’s feelings, and you will see why (no spoilers).

Abel is a terrific guy. He’s funny, sincerer, and so loveable. When Abel sees Pru, he knows trouble just walked into his English class. He’s so right, Pru is on a mission to get Abel trained and ready for his destiny. Abel is to become The Great Wolf, and rule over all the werewolf packs. Not bad for a teenage boy who still has his mom take him to school lol. Pru is a beautiful werewolf princess. Her father is the alpha male, so Pru will become an alpha female. It’s her mission to tell Abel he's the The Great Wolf that all the werewolves have been waiting for him to join the packs.

Oakley is a gorgeous guy and werewolf. He’s part of Pru's fathers pack, and also Pru's bodyguard. He helps Pru train Abel for his destiny. Pru and Oakley’s romance is hot. Oakley is hot! :) He’s one lean, mean, sexy werewolf, and I can't wait to see more of him in the next book. But I also want to see more of Parker. He’s a rogue werewolf that’s joined up with Pru's pack and he's the cool mysterious type. I'm definitely wanting to know what this gorgeous werewolf is all about. The hard part is I’m going to have to wait for the next book, but in Parker’s case, it’s well worth the wait. He's yummy ;) Now for Arien. He' the sexy bad boy vampire. I know I'm not supposed to love him, but I do, and Pru’s having a hard time with this herself. Arien’s so sexy and bad till he’s mm mm-good. But he is the enemy. Dawson has built a magnificent urban-fantasy world and amazing characters in The Legacy Series. I highly recommend The Legacy of Kilkenny as a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legacy of Kilkenny.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie I just got a copy of this from the author. She was my Halloween Spooky Swap person. How cool! :) Looking forward to reading it.

Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books I really enjoyed reading this book :)

Devyn Dawson Awe - Thank you!