Laura's Reviews > A Gentleman Never Tells

A Gentleman Never Tells by Amelia Grey

Aug 04, 11

Read from July 26 to August 04, 2011

A Gentleman Never Tells is a delightful regency romance novel. I have a great love for regency romance, and I found this novel to be one of the best I’ve read in the genre.

Viscount Brentwood is walking his mother’s small dog in the park one morning when he is met by a beautiful woman walking a very large dog. She is beautiful and suddenly in his arms in a compromising manner. He enjoys the moment only too briefly before he is set upon by Lady Gabrielle’s father, fiancée’s father, and their men.

Now forced to wed, Brent tries to determine why Gabrielle wanted to break her first engagement, and the mystery of where his mother’s dog disappeared to during the moment of passion. Meanwhile, Gabrielle tries to show Brent that she would not make a suitable bride as she is determined to not to be forced into marriage.

I really enjoyed this regency romance novel. The characters were first rate. I loved Brent and Gabrielle and the secondary characters were also very delightful. I enjoyed how the romance developed in the novel, and I really enjoyed the mystery. I’m an animal lover and I enjoyed how the two characters bonded over their dogs and the mystery of what happened to Brent’s mother’s dog.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gentleman Never Tells.