Ana's Reviews > The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver

The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart

Jul 27, 11

bookshelves: zz-read-in-2011, ya-contemporary
Read in July, 2011

Ruby Oliver has a lot of problems. Her boyfriend dumped her, her friends aren't talking to her (actually nobody seems willing to talk to her, she became a social leper), and there's a list circulating through the school - her boyfriend list. And let's not forget the panic attacks.

Ruby is great - funny, smart, a bit clueless sometimes (especially when it pertains to people), not too much of a Drama Queen. She has some flaws - passivity being the main one. She's also insecure. Her life spiraled out of control real fast - it's a wonder how those thing happen.

The idea of the book written in shape of a list is great in theory, but in practice I had problems with the timeline. There's a lot of jumping through time: things that happened last year, before the mess, the mess itself and the aftermath. It was hell trying to sort everything, and some things are still unclear. But I did enjoy the book.

I was looking for a humorous and light YA book with romance, and that's what I got. On to book two: The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them.

Rating:

4 stars
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boyfriend List.